Blog / Experimonth

By Wendy

During March, I am taking part in an interesting social networking project called “experimonth.”
The idea came from a blogger who goes by “10ch,” who works at a science museum.
This month’s installment is called “The Eyes of March,” with the simple mandate to take a picture every day.

Above is my submission for March 13: raindrops collecting on the 1961 sculpture of painted steel by Sir Anthony Caro called “Sculpture Three,” at the entrance to the Nasher Museum. (The work is on loan  from the Raymond and Patsy Nasher Collection, Dallas, Texas.)

It is not as easy as it sounds to take one picture each day. The competition is either inspiring or intimidating, depending on my mood. I have already skipped two of the past 13 days.

At the Nasher Museum, we are talking about how to engage online visitors in creative ways.

Already, we invite people to upload pictures to the museum’s Flickr page; we encourage uploads and comments on our Facebook group page.

I am going to keep an eye on experimonth for more inspiration.  Anyone can sign up for April (“Write a handwritten note every day”) or May (“Walk a mile every day”) or any of the other experimonths of the year.

The Craft of Being an Intern

Posted By Erin Stidham

MLK Anniversary