Blog / Experimonth

By Wendy

During March, I am taking part in an interesting social networking project called “experimonth.”
The idea came from a blogger who goes by “10ch,” who works at a science museum.
This month’s installment is called “The Eyes of March,” with the simple mandate to take a picture every day.

Above is my submission for March 13: raindrops collecting on the 1961 sculpture of painted steel by Sir Anthony Caro called “Sculpture Three,” at the entrance to the Nasher Museum. (The work is on loan  from the Raymond and Patsy Nasher Collection, Dallas, Texas.)

It is not as easy as it sounds to take one picture each day. The competition is either inspiring or intimidating, depending on my mood. I have already skipped two of the past 13 days.

At the Nasher Museum, we are talking about how to engage online visitors in creative ways.

Already, we invite people to upload pictures to the museum’s Flickr page; we encourage uploads and comments on our Facebook group page.

I am going to keep an eye on experimonth for more inspiration.  Anyone can sign up for April (“Write a handwritten note every day”) or May (“Walk a mile every day”) or any of the other experimonths of the year.

3 Responses to “Experimonth”

1. Renee Cagnina Haynes

Impressive photo Wendy!

2. Teka

I love this idea!

3. david

This is excellent Wendy! Are you going to post a photo everyday?
    One of my students this quarter started a blog http://cait-a-day.blogspot.com/
    Her name is Cait Nolan and she does a different thing everyday for a month- this month is plant a seed everyday and last month’s was Dance for 1/2hr everyday in a different location which was a huge success around town here.

Great work- this is going to be fun!