Blog / Fred Wilson: Q and ?

fred-talk-one
By Jerstin

A few questions are still on my mind regarding the insightful artist talk on Tuesday at the Nasher Museum by Fred Wilson. So, I thought I would throw them out onto the blog. You never know.

Fred obviously does a great deal of curating and organization of data in his installations, and with regards to his comments about organizing various artist spaces fresh out of art school, I wonder if there was a time when he thought his future may lean more in that direction rather than making.

Secondly, I’m wondering if any institutions have tried to come to terms or respond to the questions he raises under their own roof. Do they attempt to right the wrongs?

And lastly, how does he view installations like the “Chapman Family Collection” by Jake and Dinos Chapman, where they parody tribal mask collections with a heavy dose of consumerism.

Just a few questions that I didn’t get a chance to ask Fred in person.

IMAGE: Photo by Dr. J Caldwell

AREA 919: GEORGE JENNE

Duke vs UNC – #ArtBattle

Posted by Nasher Museum, Ackland Art Museum and the Twittersphere

AREA 919: JEFF BELL