Blog / Back and forth with Petah Coyne

By Wendy

MIAMI–Art influences everything we do at the Nasher Museum, and we meet artists in person every chance we get. Living artists tell us the stories behind their work; they tell us about process, influences, new work.
It’s common for artists to inspire the museum. Rarely, we find out the museum inspires the artists.
Yesterday in Miami we caught up with Petah Coyne, whose monumental sculpture anchors the front gallery of our permanent collection. Her new chandelier sculpture is on view in Galerie Lelong’s booth at Art Basel Miami Beach.
“The Nasher Museum is so important to me; it set the bar very high,” Petah said. “I’ll never forget the woods surrounding the museum, which was glowing. It was like a beacon.”
The Nasher Museum influenced a whole new body of work, Petah said. “And I still haven’t reached that pinnacle!”

IMAGE: Artist Petah Coyne at Art Basel Miami Beach. Photo by Wendy Hower Livingston.

The Craft of Being an Intern

Posted By Erin Stidham

MLK Anniversary