Tuesday, February 23, 2016
Join the Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University and special guest, artist and Duke Professor Beverly McIver, for an evening of art appreciation, education, and celebration! The FREE program will include time to explore current exhibitions and a reception including light food and beer/wine. Participants will receive partial CEU credits and interdisciplinary curriculum-based materials to use in the classroom. The program is free, but space is limited. Early registration is encouraged.
Everyone who registers and attends will receive a special gift from the Nasher!
- Discover the many ways you and your students can partner with the Nasher
- Learn about current exhibitions and K-12 tour opportunities
- Explore current exhibitions on display
- Participate in art making opportunities
- Connect with peers from across the Triangle
- Win one of many door prizes
- Earn partial CEU credits while viewing art and sipping wine!
Beverly McIver is a nationally recognized artist and the Ebenshade Professor of the Practice of Art, Art History and Visual Studies at Duke University. Her highly expressive portraits are included in corporate and private collections and museums throughout the world, including the Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University. Her painting, Love Mom, is currently on view in Reality of My Surroundings: The Contemporary Collection on view through July 10, 2016.