Peggy Guggenheim Collection Nasher/Duke Summer 2023 Internship
This internship program is a special opportunity for Duke juniors and seniors who study art, art history or related disciplines—and also speak Italian. Students will gain first-hand experience while immersing themselves in an amazing collection of modern art at this unique museum, housed in an 18th-century palace on the Grand Canal. Activities include managing the galleries during public open hours, assisting visitors, staffing the ticket office, cloakroom and other visitor facilities, supporting the museum staff in various departments and participating in the educational activities of the museum, including presentations to the public, guided tours and workshops with children. The program includes educational activities such as seminars, conferences, educational trips and guided tours for interns.
Application deadline: 5 PM on Friday, December 2, 2022
How To Apply
To apply for the Nasher-Duke-sponsored two-month summer internship at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection in Venice, Italy students must meet the following criteria:
· be a Duke junior/senior by Spring 2023
· be studying art, art history or related area
· be fluent in English and spoken Italian
Application and supporting materials must be sent to email@example.com by 5 PM on Friday, December 2, 2022. PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND RESULTING GLOBAL TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS THE INTERNSHIP MAY BE CANCELLED AND/OR MODIFIED AT DUKE UNIVERSITY’S DISCRETION AT ANY TIME.
For consideration, please submit:
· Cover letter explaining interest and reasons for participating in the internship program at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection.
· CV including internships and work experiences, a list of relevant academic courses, and language skills.
· University transcripts to date.
· Two letters of reference (academic and/or professional reference).
Do not submit your application to the Peggy Guggenheim Collection. Learn more about the Internship Program at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection.