The Nasher Experience: The Art Cart
At the Nasher Museum, we offer the Art Cart, a service for anyone that needs a little help getting to the museum from the parking lot to the front entrance. Just give us a call at (919)-684-5135.
Committed to Accessibility
The Nasher Museum is committed to practicing the core values of diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion. We welcome all members of our community near and far to experience accessible facilities, wide-ranging exhibitions and thoughtful programming. Some of our accommodations include:
- Wheelchair accessible parking and bathrooms.
- Wheelchairs, including one over-sized wheelchair, are available at the information desk.
- Gallery stools are available at the information desk.
- Special tours can be arranged in-advance by emailing email@example.com.
- Golf cart shuttle from your car to the front entrance by contacting the information desk at 919-684-5135.
- A large font version, as well as a Spanish language version for certain exhibitions, of the wall labels can be requested at the front desk.
- We welcome service animals specially trained to assist individuals with a disability. At this time, Emotional Support and Therapy dogs are not permitted in the museum or cafe.
For other requests and any questions please contact the information desk at 919-684-5135.
American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreters Available
Find Events with an American sign language (ASL) interpreter
For me, the Nasher’s soul lies in its people—gifted professionals and great friends. What differentiates it is delivering such excellence at a human scale. Excellence is a trademark of my beloved New York museums, but the Nasher’s contrasting humanity and accessibility is what puts it at the center of my North Carolina life.Jonathan Prinz, Chapel Hill resident and supporting member of the Nasher Museum
Prior to parking, visitors may be dropped off at the 700 Anderson Street entrance, where three accessible parking spots are available. The museum’s lower parking lot has three accessible parking spots close to Campus Drive.
For any assistance or more information please call 919-684-5135.
Nasher Map of Outdoor Area
Download a printable version of this map.
Illustration by Amber Day at illustrationx.com. Additional details by Rachel Goodwin, Graphic Designer and Web Content Manager at the Nasher Museum.