Blog / Parakeets

by J Caldwell

Congratulations to Nasher Summer intern Danya Devine. Her watercolor Parakeets was recently selected for the 2012 Duke Children’s Hospital All-Occasion Cards!  The press conference with Honorary Chairman Duke’s Coach K is November 7 at 10 AM at Duke Children’s Hospital. Danya is a senior at Jordan High School and Parakeets was her first final project that she did with watercolor. She is shifting her focus from painting this year and will be doing an independent study with photography. In her final year at Jordan High, she has her eyes set on NC State for art.

On her experience with the Nasher Museum’s free Summer Make and Take series she says, “I went into the interview for the position knowing that I wanted to be involved more with art…surrounded by it. The activity where we made buttons was my favorite. I have a bunch at home that I made for friends. I hope to be back next summer when the series starts again.”

Area 919: Bill Thelen

Chicago Native

Posted by Nicole Rudden

Area 919: Stacey L. Kirby

Stacey L. Kirby found a lot of inspiration right here in North Carolina for her 2014 work, Power oMORE