- This event has passed.
Join the Nasher Museum and Arts Access N.C. for a workshop on how museums and visual art centers can implement best practices in accommodating visitors with disabilities. This motivating and practical workshop will address disability etiquette and offer strategies for success in reducing barriers at cultural institutions. Special guest Madison Zalopany, coordinator of access and community programs at the Whitney Museum of American Art in New York, will share ideas for progressive programming in museum settings.
9:30 AM: Welcome & Session I
Betsy Ludwig, Arts Access, Executive Director
Brandon Cordrey, VAE Raleigh, Director
- The Why and How of Accessibility
- Assessment, Planning, and Goal Setting
- Terminology and Disability Etiquette
- Accessible Exhibitions: the Basics
- Innovative Practices in Museums and Galleries – An Overview
11:30 AM to 12:30 PM: Session II
Madison Zalopany, Whitney Museum of American Art, Coordinator of Access and Community Programs
- Stories from the Field
- Implementing Innovative Programs
12:30 PM: Networking Lunch
1:30 PM: Sensory Tour in the Nasher Museum’s Wilson Pavilion